Social media marketing is an imperative type of online marketing wherein small businesses market their products, services, and brands on social media sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and more. According to studies, about 70% of small businesses present use social media, which clearly exhibits its growing significance among small businesses.
This has also become a vital part of online marketing strategies among smaller businesses, since it is cost-effective and allows for reaching targeted audiences with ease, while generating more leads and sales.
The Importance of Social Media
- It is inexpensive and effective. Social media has become very vital for small businesses due to it being inexpensive while being able to cater to a large number of targeted audiences with lesser time and effort. Studies show that almost 95% of corporates take advantage of social media, while 85% have claimed that social media marketing has further exposed their business.
- It will help you connect easily with clients and prospects. Generally marketing channels are one way in nature, however with social media, a conversation can actually occur. It helps create a community where people gather and see you more than just a business body, and will view you as someone they can fully trust – people always buy from those they can trust.
- Customer procurement is effortless on social media. Because more than half of the population of the world is registered with different, and even multiple social media platforms, the chances of gaining customers are rather high on social media sites.
- Social media allows for straightforward customer interaction. By using social media, companies can directly communicate with customers easily, since small businesses can captivate customers by engaging them with a variety of interactive methods such as polls, question and answers, and more. There are a huge number of marketers who use social media as a two-way means for conversation and engagement with customers.
- Can generate more leads and sales. Social media marketing definitely plays an essential role in producing leads, which in turn, increases the sales of a business. It is said that social media users often purchase products from brands that are connected and available on social media websites, and based on studies, social media generates almost double the marketing leads compared to any other marketing method.
- The customers are already using social media. There are a lot of people who spend most of their time online on various blogs and social networks, which only means that there is a higher chance that your targeted audiences are already using social media as well. If you wish to attract the attention of clients and prospects, it is recommended that you make yourself present and available through social media, to increase the odds that your marketing messages will reach out to them.
- Better recognition for your brand. Social media is essential for increasing your brand’s visibility to more customers, and social media networks are those channels to act as your brand’s voice and content.
In addition to this, communication is also a key factor for any business yet positive engagement with the customer and prospects will increase your chances for an improved reputation and recognition for your brand since social media allows you and the customers to interact with ease.
All the previously mentioned points and information only prove that social media is definitely a huge benefit for every business owner. Aside from increasing brand awareness, as well as establishing the validity of the brand, social media marketing can affect the bottom line of any business by increasing its sales.