A great website should represent your company while informing the social community about the products and services you offer. Additionally, your website must be visually attractive, functional, easy to navigate through, and must be search-engine friendly to attract and gain the interest of customers and prospects.
For a number of entrepreneurs, being present in the online community is a key factor to the success of their business; however, developing and designing the perfect website can possibly consume a large amount of time and money. Here, we will ensure you with a few effective ways to launch a website without having to burn your pockets.
- Domain. Before launching a website, it’s necessary for you to purchase a domain name, and this does not have to cost a lot. Upon choosing a domain name, ensure that you can also secure the corresponding name on well-known social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, and more. Doing so will make your social media marketing efforts more logical and seamless.
- Ensure Proper Hosting. Another essential factor in building a website without throwing out too much cash is by choosing a good web hosting company, wherein their servers should offer your site with a 99% uptime guarantee. If in case any technical issues occur, there should be a reliable and quick-to-respond tech support representative available to assist you. Make sure that the company you choose offers excellent customer and tech support.
Your web hosting site must be fashioned with an easy to use interface that allows anyone to log in easily, enabling certain adjustments to the account efficiently, and without the struggle of searching for specific details. Also, if you’re sticking to a budget, it’s highly suggested that you compare prices to find the most economical deal, and one good way to know if you are making a smart decision is if the company you go for has a good reputation; so do a little research and compare before choosing a web hosting company.
3. Ensure that your website is mobile friendly. Selecting a responsive web design allows for a seamless viewing experience across a variety of devices. In addition to this, you simply have to pay for the site, instead of developing a separate mobile-ready version.
4. It is possible to save more money by customizing and purchasing an already existing website template. This can be hosted by a variety of social platforms such as Tumblr, WIX, WordPress, and SquareSpace. However, opting for these platforms may consume your time when familiarizing yourself with the interface to set it up on your own. Educating yourself about your hosting partner is also important since they have an equal amount of responsibility in maintaining the data security of the clients’ and your information.
An alternative to this option is to purchase a template before hiring someone to do the customizations of your website, allowing them to give you a quick tutorial afterwards, on how to manage your own website’s updates. This is a smart option to begin with before deciding to hire someone to build a better website as your business continues to grow.
5. Remember that your website’s design and its development are two different things, since designing a website’s layout with features and colors is unlike the coding and development portion. Having a ready design that includes features, page layouts, and other factors to incorporate into the site’s design, will save a lot of your time and money; and if your budget can manage, also hire a professional designer to create a home page design to go with your brand.
6. If your budget is limited, consider a do-it-yourself website design. Though hiring a professional web developer is also a great option, it’s best to spend as little as possible without compromising the quality of your website.You should remember that costs are not the only payment of a developer, but also your own time spent. If you opt to create and design your own website, it is certain that you will take out a lot of time from your schedule, which is definitely expensive.
7. Your website will not instantly create traffic and interest simply because you’ve spent a lot of time and money on it. SEO is highly essential and the inclusion of meta tags, page descriptions, as well as keywords is, vital. Pay-per-click ads on Google can be used; however, this option has costs attached so it’s best to look into this further before using it as a startup.Make sure to engage your visitors once they take notice and reach your website – regular updates to keep the content fresh and relevant for people to see.
8. After launching your website, finding a developer should be the next task, and places such as Rent-acoder and Upwork (formerly Elance-oDesk) are where you can find developers all over the world who offer their services. Incorporating videos to your website is easy – simply take a video with your smartphone or a flip video camera, then upload this to YouTube for use on your website.A homepage that include videos is one great way of instantly connecting with your visitors.
Posting a video blog every few weeks is another good idea to increase the interest of your audiences and prospects as well. Adding social media sharing tools to your website can help spread the word about your brand and what you can offer, and can also increase your chances of reaching more potential customers.
When it comes to launching a website on a budget, it’s required that you find the right balance between what you can manage to do on your own, and what others can do for you. It is best to think things through first, as well as follow these tips to ensure that you aren’t spending more than what’s necessary.